Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Musical theatre night

Last night yours truly, Hüseyin and Serra went to Şehitkamil Belediyesi Kültür ve Kongre Merkezi. The centre is a modern space where theatre spectacles, art exhibitions and congresses take part.
 


I didn’t know where I was going, they told me about a concert, so I just went wearing what I normally wear in the hot season, jeans and my beloved sandals. So… Compare the handsomeness of Hüseyin and the fellow that sings in the streets for some money next to him J



Despite everything that happened, I still love you, OK??

The theatre was a musical play. It was a wonderful opportunity to get to know Turkish folk music, different dances from all corners of this country and also some Turkish and Muslim stories and traditions.

Harmandalı Zeibeği (Aegian Region)

Ibrahim's miracle story (Şanlıurfa)


Karagöz & Hacivat


The Mevlevi (Whirling dervishes, Konya)

  Halay dance!
 
Turkish wedding night (not sure exactly what phase)

Istanbul folk dance

 
Karadeniz Horonu
 
The play was somehow interactive and the ensemble was superb. Serra, who is from Konya, says that the Mevlani dance wasn’t complete, but it was a first for me so I didn’t notice anything wrong, on the contrary! In my opinion the funniest dance is undoubtedly Karadeniz, everyone in the public was cheering. Of course Halay dance has a special place in my heart, it is the only in the world that I can dance, poorly, but I can. Bir iki üç dört and here we go!

Paco 

1 comment:

  1. Post something just to now the news from Gaziantep.

    ReplyDelete