Tuesday, March 12, 2013

KOLAY GELSİN

Merhaba people of Gaziantep!!
Here is Victoria writing, coming from your neightbor country Hellas.
My first week in Turkey (in general) and in Gaziantep (specially), is a fact!And I am already excited because of it.
At first sight, what I can say about Gaziantep is that we are dealing with a city with a totally unique character.If there is a city with ''personality'', then for sure this city could be Gaziantep.
What we have here is a real middle east scene, combined with the strong
local turkish culture...
Its the voice of  ''imam'' that wakes you up early in the morning, giving the sign for the beggining of the day.
Crowded roads, red trafic-lights, people waiting at the bus-stops, others in a hurry, stores' assistants carrying out the stuff for sale...all these in a scene with impressive mosques, elaborate minarets covered with the sounds from the deep soul of Turkey.

Walking in Gaziantep's streets can be an experience actually.
It's like the whole city rebels against loneliness and sadness.In Gaziantep you can never be alone.If you take a short walk, from your very first steps you can notice local people's willingness to guide you and to give you a hand.
So far, I am totally content from my choice to come and spend five months of my life in Gaziantep.I am sure that in such a city, full of surprises, I' ll be able to discover many interesting things...mmm...let's see!
I think I already found where the soul of Turkey lies.....görüşürüz!


 

No comments:

Post a Comment