Tuesday, March 12, 2013

FROM PORTUGAL TO ANTEP

Hi there!

My name is Francisco Santos da Cunha, I’m 26 years old and I come from Porto, Portugal. I love my country, it’s very beautiful and if you like history, art or nature, then you’ll love to visit it because, for such a small country, it has lots of different and interesting places. We are known for our artistic architecture, diversified gastronomy, and also our beaches and nightlife. It has, like the Turkish, an ancient culture, so it is full of history and histories to tell, with also a multicultural influence, like spanish, arabic and many others. As most people in Portugal, I like playing and watching sports, mainly tennis, football, cycling and golf. I also like music (despite I’m only good at listening to it!), reading and hanging out with my friends and close family.

I decided to participate in an EVS project because I didn’t have the chance to travel much before, I really want to meet new people from different places and cultures, focus both on our similarities and our differences in order to absorb the knowledge from that variety, develop my character and open my mind. One other reason is my love for volunteering – as a volunteer for several years now in my country, for me this is the next step in this activity.

I think I got really lucky to be selected to this project because this country always fascinated me, Gaziantep is an interesting city and everyone at the Organization is very friendly. This is a great opportunity to achieve my near future goals, so I feel very excited and I will do my best to make this project suceed. I really hope to leave my mark here!

So, let the adventure begin!  By the end of this experience I’ll tell you my thoughts about it and if my expectations were met, but meanwhile don’t miss this blog, hope you enjoy it, we’ll have so much impressions to share!

1 comment:

  1. Hi, Francisco, Portugal realy looks like a very interesting country, I'll be sure to visit one day :-)
    I congratulate you, and honestly believe that you will leave your mark there, in the ancient and beautifull city of Gazientep.
    Keep up the good work.
    Good luck,
    Marta.

    ReplyDelete